Australia is a developed country and one of the wealthiest in the world, with the world's 12th-largest economy. Australia has the world's fifth-highest per capita income, Australia's military expenditure is the world's 13th-largest. With the second-highest human development index globally, Australia ranks highly in many international comparisons of national performance, such as quality of life, health, education, economic freedom, and the protection of civil liberties and political rights. Australia is a member of the United Nations, G20, Commonwealth of Nations, ANZUS, Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), World Trade Organization, Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation, and the Pacific Islands Forum.
The government of Australian encourages international skilled professionals to come and settle in Australia. With its strong economy, this country has attracted hundreds of thousands of immigrants over the past few years, and continues to do so today. Due also to its spectacular natural wonders and most livable cities in the world, many people from all walks of life are making their way Down Under.
It is a promised land to millions of potential immigrants that offers a great quality of life with several lifelong benefits. Fantastic opportunities present themselves and the quality of life is rarely found in any other country in the world. With a high standard of living and balanced lifestyle backed by a strong economy and scenic landscaping, Australia is the choice of migration compared to other countries. If you are wondering what permanent residency is about, here is a summarized list of the rights and benefits you will have once you gain Australian permanent residence.
1. As a permanent resident, you will be given a permanent visa. This entitles you to the right to live in Australia indefinitely. You can enjoy the facilities of unlimited travel to and from Australia once you become a permanent resident. However, initially the permanent visa is given for a period of five years and has to be applied again from either outside Australia or from within the country.
2. On achieving permanent residentship, you also enjoy unlimited freedom to pursue the course of study that you prefer. Permanent residents have various options to choose when it comes to University education. There are certain education loans that are available only to permanent residents. These loans are extremely helpful in managing your financial crisis that may arise due to the additional expenses associated with your study.
3. The next important aspect of permanent residence is regarding work permit. Working in Australia becomes easier with a Permanent Resident Visa. Permanent residents can work for any employer in any occupation. But, working in the Public Service or Armed forces is strictly restricted to the Australian Citizens. This, however, does not distinguish the industrial laws between the permanent residents and citizens. Permanent residents enjoy the same benefits under these laws as the citizens. They can become a part of trade unions and can claim worker’s compensation.
4. As regards to social security, the permanent residents after two years are entitled to receive social security benefits like sickness, unemployment and student benefits that are offered by Australia’s Social Security Department.
5. An important benefit that the permanent residents will enjoy is the health care entitlement. As a permanent resident of Australia, you will enjoy the privilege of health insurance scheme run by the government called Medicare. Under Medicare, you could receive free treatment at a public hospital and subsidized medicine.
Australian PR holders can travel freely to New Zealand.
6. Permanent residents can also sponsor their relatives for acquisition of permanent residence. But this is possible only after the applicant meets certain residence and support assurance pre-requisites.
7. Children of permanent residents who are born in Australia are deemed Australian citizens by birth. This will be one great advantage because they will enjoy the maximum benefits in the field of education and health care.
8. Permanent residents have the right to take up some professions in Australia like that of a migration agent or any government position.
9. The permanent resident of Australia is also granted the right to travel to New Zealand and apply for a New Zealand Visa. This is a provision that has been granted by the government of New Zealand.
10. The permanent resident of Australia has the right to apply for Australian consular assistance overseas when things get a little rough abroad.
Bringing your family members to Australia
If you are an Australian citizen or permanent resident with family overseas, your family may be able to apply for a family visa option. Visa options for family members include:
• Partner category visa options
• Child and adoption visa options
• Relative visa options
• Parent visa options
Children born to permanent residents of Australia
Children born in Australia to a permanent resident parent will automatically acquire Australian citizenship at the time of the child’s birth.
Of course there are a number of formalities and criteria to be fulfilled to be considered a Permanent Resident of Australia, the benefits above are the driving force why people are increasing considering Australia immigration as their first choice. In a recent report by ‘The Advertiser’, a local Adelaide’s tabloid, it says that Australia is the ultimate destination for any immigrant looking to settle down as it provides everything one can ask for.
So, nurture your dream towards immigration to Australia and make it a reality. Call 7290077641/42 for PR assistance